I'm looking forward to putting this all together. The fabrics are so lovely, they are from the French General range, Rural Jardin, plus a couple of pieces I've had in my stash for some time. I managed to do a little more on the applique block, the large red bow.
I've also had some fun washing these red fabrics, man did they bleed red dye! More like hemorrhage red dye!! I often make a quilt without prewashing but I plan on using a creamy/white shirting for the background so thought I'd better be safe rather than sorry. I ended up washing the fabrics 3 times in hot water then I soaked them in a mix of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water then I used a product that is meant to release all excess dye. The final rinsing after all that, ran clear, so hopefully I've dealt with the pesky red! I will, however, be using some of those colour catches when the quilt has its first wash.
2011 is off and running,
Bye for now,