First, these are the Civil War blocks I've completed recently.
29 Railroad Crossing
30 Peterson's Stars and Stripes.
I'm sure getting these applique stars down...do we need any more?
31 Empty Spools.
I had a bit of a fiddle with the set-in seams but pre-stitched with a large stitch first to make sure everything was where it should be (easier to unpick if they aren't).
32 Carolina Lily.
I really am pleased with this one but I wasn't sure if it would look OK with the other fabrics I've used in the previous blocks but when I laid them all out it looks fine.
After I had finished making the Carolina Lily block I still felt like playing with fabric so I cut some small rectangles from a pile of mixed 5" repro squares I bought a while ago. Then sewed them into these strips.
Then I had a play around with some background fabrics.
I wasn't satisfied with that so I went to my LQS, The Home Patch and had a bit more of a play.
Maybe green? I'm still fiddling but I think I like the green. I bought these 2 green fabrics.
I have finally stitched the binding on this quilt for one of my sons.
I transferred a label (from a book I have), coloured it with Derwent Ink Pencils then painted Textile Medium over the pencil which will be permanent now I've heat set it with a hot, dry iron. All this accomplished I have now sewn it onto the quilt back. Finished at last!
Here's the label and washing instructions.
This is another pretty label I recently did (from the same book).
This has been sewn onto a quilt I made from a FigTree pattern, Jelly Roses.
I have a quilt on the longarm that has had me procrastinating for a few weeks, I think I finally have an idea nailed down so I've made a tentative start..... I've had all the ditch work done for a while and am feeling quite pressured to get it done. Better get at it!!