Thursday, January 20, 2011

Civil War Stars Finished!

I managed to finish these the other night and I'm pleased with the result.  I have definitely improved my point applique skills in the process!

I also made another couple of block One using some different fabrics.  The blue and the brown are from the Collection for a Cause Hope range and the shirting is  from Jo Mortons Attic Shirtings range.


I chopped the bottom edge off the block when I took the photo, oops.  I don't think I'd ever take up photography as a profession,lol.

Four of my children have gone away camping at the beach for a week.  The house is so quiet.  With no-one to wash or cook for I'm looking forward to a week of sewing, reading and DVD watching.  I bet I start missing them after a few days!  

I have also just received an email with the welcome news that my eldest son and his GF are flying home from Central America where they have been working on the Survivor TV series(we never watch it!).  It is such a brilliant job.  They have worked for the show in the Caribbean, China, Micronesia and most recently Nicaragua.  They save while they work on the show and then travel for a few months or until the next one.  Luckily for us they are coming back home for a few weeks before they are off to a new job in Morocco.  I'm not sure where or if they are going to work on the next Survivor series.  It will be so lovely to see them as they have been away for nine months.  Life is good.

I'm off to do some more machine quilting on my longarm, still working on the quilt I posted about last week or so.

Happy stitching,
Rowena

7 comments:

  1. The stars are awesome, maybe someday I'll be able to give it a try. Wish I had lots of time to sew, but I'm limited on that. Off to work this morning in a few minutes. I got my charm pack yesterday Barbara Brackman Homefront Civil War Fabric, now I have a charm pack and jelly roll the same fabric, and one other Civil War jelly roll. I'm trying to decide on design right now that isn't too, too hard on me to get it done by March. Well, better get going, have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks Rowena. I am really enjoying this project and look forward to the new block each Sunday. I hope you enjoy your quiet house and don't get too lonely. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh...Civil War fabrics are my favorite, and I love your blocks, Rowena! Enjoy your "week off" - you're going to have to much fun!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Rowena...I have mine ready to stitch...I will do needle turn too. not looking forward to those points, but I think it's the best way to go..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the colors you are using for the block of the month!! Nice work on the applique stars.
    Enjoy your son's visit. I bet it will be nice to see him after nine months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are really doing a nice job. i yet to start this great quilt! but i better get started soon!! you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete