Nearly every quilt that comes to me to be quilted speaks to me pretty quickly with an overall idea of how I will approach it design wise. This quilt was not one of those : ( I stood and stared, I scoured quilting books and magazines and then the internet for something to spark my creative flame. I even sort out the generous help of an online machine quilters site. I finally devised a plan and onto the machine the quilt top and backing went.
Right about this time my son, Ben, who had a spinal injury, took a severe turn for worse with his back pain and required much more help and attention. So while all this was going on I grabbed whatever little bits of time I could to get this quilt done. Then Ben's surgery finally was done and he needed more support while he recovered. So after far too many interruptions and delays I have finished the quilting and passed it on to a very patient customer, I must say I am so pleased it's done. Here are some not so brilliant photos of said quilt.
The customer requested feathers so I tried to follow that brief while complementing the fabrics, there are feathers in the busy border fabric that can't be obviously seen but give a nice texture.
I now have a quite small but pretty quilt on the frame belonging to Sylvia. It's to be a gift to someone special in the UK. This will be a nice, straight forward job, most welcome.
Only a little applique to finish on the quilt from my last post and then it will all go together, yay.