Friday, November 27, 2015

My Son's Quilt Finished!

This was a Jelly Roll pattern by Pam and Nicky Lintott. I used a Jelly Roll by Minick and Simpson, I can't think of the name at the moment but it's lovely. This pattern went together quickly and very easily, I'd definitely do another quilt using this pattern. I put a wider border on it so Jorden could use it on his bed if he wanted to but the pattern size would make a great quilt for snuggling under on the sofa. The pattern is one of a series of individual patterns called "Just One Jelly Roll" and this pattern is Flower Baskets. The original is 62" x 62" without a border but mine has a border of around 6 inches or so. It did take just one Jelly Roll for the blocks and corner stones plus 2 1/4 yards (2 metres) for the sashing and setting triangles. I quilted an all over meandering feather on my longarm machine. I asked my son if he had any preferences for the quilting and he said he wanted "that really flowing flowery one"! I had to get him to show me an example, it was the meandering feathers! Great choice as it works beautifully with the prints, it gives a lovely texture. I used a 60% wool 40% poly batting which I have often used. It machine washes and is cuddly and warm, it's a dream to machine quilt. Not the greatest photos but here it is:
Enjoy your weekend. Happy stitching, Rowena

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt Rowena and so beautifully quilted and I am sure your son will treasure it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love that pattern and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt. Great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, after all, "What is someone who doesn't help anyone?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete