Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quilt for 18th and birthday book

Quilting from the back.

Close up of the quilting. 


Today I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of a quilt I recently made and quilted for my daughter's 18th birthday.  I picked up the fabric for an amazing $2 per metre!  It's quilted with a variegated King Tut and has a wool/poly batting.  My daughter says it's so warm and quite light even though it's a fairly large quilt.  I made the backing from left over pieces of the fabric.  The quilting design is one I did freehand after doodling with heart ideas. I'll have to improve the way I post pictures, I always find it tricky to get the pictures and words in the right arrangement in relation to each other!

It was my birthday yesterday and my children gave me a book by Barbara Brackman that I have always wanted.  See photo. I'm going to make a cup of tea and have a good read and see what lovely projects I can dream of making ( to add to the list!).

I have a couple of children's knock about quilts to do for a customer, they are a bit unusual as they are tied in the centre of the quilt and I am only quilting the border of each one.  I have finished the boy's quilt and will post pictures when I have finished the girl's one as well. 

Off to make my tea and enjoy my present.
Bye for now,
Rowena



1 comment:

  1. Hi Rowena...thank you for your comment on my blog..lovely to meet you .
    Happy birthday for yesterday. and have fun blogging.

    ReplyDelete