I have been working on the applique on LE fairly regularly and really enjoying the hand work. I did fiddle around quite a bit trying to decide on appropriate fabrics for Part 4, the vase of flowers. Initially I thought I would do it all Broderie Perse but as I cut out the fabrics I felt I wanted a more scrappy look so I have mixed it up a bit. I also settled on stem stitch embroidery for the flower stems and I am really pleased with the ones I've done so far. I haven't religiously stuck to the pattern , I liked the pattern but felt a less crowded look would suit my little project better. So I have used some much smaller flowers and skipped a couple altogether. I'm in the process of prepping the berries and then I won't be far off finishing this section and I can go back and complete a couple of things that I didn't finish, that pesky zig zag...ric rac is looking better and better, lol. I have some very teeny circles to stitch down and four more Oak Leaf type shapes to complete. I can't wait for the next part to be released!
Here are a couple of photos ( I definitely ain't no great shakes as a photographer)
Better get back to prepping so I can stitch the berries down tonight.
I am 53 and a mother of five living in Bathurst, NSW, Australia. I bought a longarm quilting machine 4 years ago and have begun quilting for others. Eighteen years ago my love of quiltmaking was born when I made my first quilt. Machine quilting is an extension of that passion. I'd love to quilt for you.