Thursday, October 10, 2013

Love Entwined Part 4

I have been working on the applique on LE fairly regularly and really enjoying the hand work.  I did fiddle around quite a bit trying to decide on appropriate fabrics for Part 4, the vase of flowers.  Initially I thought I would do it all Broderie Perse but as I cut out the fabrics I felt I wanted a more scrappy look so I have mixed it up a bit.  I also settled on stem stitch embroidery for the flower stems and I am really pleased with the ones I've done so far.  I haven't religiously stuck to the pattern , I liked the pattern but felt a less crowded look would suit my little project better.  So I have used some much smaller flowers and skipped a couple altogether.  I'm in the process of prepping the berries and then I won't be far off finishing this section and I can go back and complete a couple of things that I didn't finish, that pesky zig zag...ric rac is looking better and better, lol.  I have some very teeny circles to stitch down and four more Oak Leaf type shapes to complete.  I can't wait for the next part to be released!

Here are a couple of photos ( I definitely ain't no great shakes as a photographer)





Better get back to prepping so I can stitch the berries down tonight.

Happy stitching,
Rowena

9 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Wonderful work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your part 4 I have not even started on that part yet while I try to do some finishes on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely gorgeous Rowena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love your mixture of broderie perse, sissy cutting and regular appliqué. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is coming together beautifully Rowena and I am enjoying your updates and how you are selecting your own special look. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a labor of love! I admire your patience! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I admit that I haven't been up to date, but due to all of the spam! It just drives me crazy and have spent more time on facebook. My computer is so slow and old. I really need a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your LE is looking good! Are you busy with Part 5 yet? I had to set mine aside but hope to catch up someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your quilt is so fantastic.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices on the fabrics - it continues to be more and more beautiful every time you post about it.

    ReplyDelete