Thursday, October 10, 2013

Love Entwined Part 4

I have been working on the applique on LE fairly regularly and really enjoying the hand work.  I did fiddle around quite a bit trying to decide on appropriate fabrics for Part 4, the vase of flowers.  Initially I thought I would do it all Broderie Perse but as I cut out the fabrics I felt I wanted a more scrappy look so I have mixed it up a bit.  I also settled on stem stitch embroidery for the flower stems and I am really pleased with the ones I've done so far.  I haven't religiously stuck to the pattern , I liked the pattern but felt a less crowded look would suit my little project better.  So I have used some much smaller flowers and skipped a couple altogether.  I'm in the process of prepping the berries and then I won't be far off finishing this section and I can go back and complete a couple of things that I didn't finish, that pesky zig zag...ric rac is looking better and better, lol.  I have some very teeny circles to stitch down and four more Oak Leaf type shapes to complete.  I can't wait for the next part to be released!

Here are a couple of photos ( I definitely ain't no great shakes as a photographer)





Better get back to prepping so I can stitch the berries down tonight.

Happy stitching,
Rowena

10 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Wonderful work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your part 4 I have not even started on that part yet while I try to do some finishes on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely gorgeous Rowena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love your mixture of broderie perse, sissy cutting and regular appliqué. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is coming together beautifully Rowena and I am enjoying your updates and how you are selecting your own special look. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a labor of love! I admire your patience! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I admit that I haven't been up to date, but due to all of the spam! It just drives me crazy and have spent more time on facebook. My computer is so slow and old. I really need a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your LE is looking good! Are you busy with Part 5 yet? I had to set mine aside but hope to catch up someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your quilt is so fantastic.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your work is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices on the fabrics - it continues to be more and more beautiful every time you post about it.

    ReplyDelete