I thought I'd show you the stencil I used to mark the feather wreaths in the setting blocks. I used the medium wreath on the stencil and a pounce pad. They really went quite quickly once I got into a rhythm.
I really love the end result with all those feathered wreaths across the quilt.
I used a lovely red backing which is something I wouldn't usually do, choose a strongly contrasting backing. I used a dark red thread in the bobbin and a goldy thread ( King Tut by Superior Threads )in the top. I fiddled with the tension for ages but still had some "pokies" on the back. As this is going to be a snuggle quilt the family will use while watching TV I'm not terribly worried. I used Matilda's Own batting 60% wool and 40% poly. Possibly the pokies may become less visible after washing and drying.
I'm watching Midsomer Murders tonight and doing some more applique on the centre block I posted about recently. Pictures of that next time.