I've put off making it because I thought it looked quite difficult. I used to be quite a confident dressmaker and would tackle tailored jackets without a worry but this bag was something out of my experience.
I really loved the style of bag it is and have bought fabric to make it twice. Well this morning I just grabbed the pattern and the gorgeous French General fabric I had bought for it a couple of months ago and went for it. You know what, it was really quite straight forward! I am so delighted with the end result, love my new bag!
It has a pocket inside for a mobile phone and a larger pocket for keys/lipstick and such with a slot on the end for a pen! How 'bout that! I even managed a magnetic clasp!
To hold the shape of the opening of the bag, the pattern called for the use of a product called Rigiline. This was simple to use as it's made so you can stitch through it so attaching it to the top of the bag was easy. I then did a line of stitching just below the Rigiline all the way around the top of the bag, this has made such a difference to the shape, without it the top of the bag would have been squished flat by the front flap.
Hope you all had a weekend filled with happy stitching,